Sunday, March 28, 2010

Church callings


I have been in the primary for about 3 years now. But in January I was released and received a new calling. Gospel Doctrine teacher, once a month. I was so nervous, and felt very inadequate. I taught on Sunday the 21st. It was okay. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. So then on the following Saturday Bro. Christensen asked to come talk to us. We are thinking it is for Scott. He was recently put into Scouts (11 year old boys). And he is, he lets Scott know that he will teach the 11 year old class in primary now instead of nursery. THEN he turns to me. Did not see this coming. He says they would like to release me from Sunday School and Enrichment and....are you ready... serve as 2ND Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency!! Crazy. The funny part is that I told the new President on Thursday, when she asked if I wanted to serve in Young women's, NO. I didn't know she was in the works to be the new Pres. So our lives just got busier. The ward is changing Scouts, I think, to Tuesday so I can be at Mutual. I am excited for this calling, while a little (a lot) surprised, and I am so excited. And I get to go to Girls Camp. It will be hard with PTO though. I will have to think about that part. But for now I will do both. It will be crazy, but I am looking forward to it.


5 comments:

Melanie said...

You are going to LOVE being in YWs! I'm so excited for you!!

Marie said...

Hooray for YW! I've been in over three years and still loving it. Lot's of work, but so worth it!

Ali said...

That was so surprising, awesome and exciting! Kudo's to the bishopric for keeping things interesting! LOL

You'll be great, and it will all work out. We've been there too, with both Jared & I serving in YM & YW with little ones, and you know what, it just works out.

Remember to have courage like Nephi, what does he say - "I know the Lord provides a way, he wants me to obey". It will all work out. You'll see. You'll be blessed with the things that you need to serve in this calling at this time, and to touch the lives of the girls who are there and need your influence at this time in their life. And your heart will never be the same. In a good way, of course.

Christina said...

Awesome Rochelle! You will do great. I don't think I am ready for any YW callings yet! You will have fun I am sure!:)

Alli grins said...

What lucky girls to have you in YW! You are so much fun and I think you'll be great! Amen to what Ali said above.... Congrats!!!