Thursday, September 24, 2009

Life, be thankful

Today I am sitting at my computer and realized that I hadn't read my brothers blog yet. His wife has started on to keep everyone updated on how he is doing. A year ago my little brother was diagnosed, 4 days before he got married, with Cancer. He was told his chances are good, that if you are going to get cancer this is the one to get. It has a 90% rate of success. We are all very hopeful. I have not called him in over a week, life has been busy. And I realized that while I have my family and other obligations to attend to, I cannot forget him(not that I did). The days are just racing by. So much has happened since I last updated my blog. The kids are in school and doing great. Taylor is in 3rd grade and Sydney is in 1st. They love school. Taylor has to deal with a lot. It seams everyday that the girls, well 2 to be exact, are not nice. She is doing great though. Sydney is just trying to lose as many teeth as possible. She also started soccer. Hailey is doing a preschool/playgroup at home, we rotate with 3 other moms. I have PTO and Enrichment and I still teach primary. I am also putting together a bunch of crafts for a Boutique I am doing with my sister. Scott is worried I am doing to much. Some days it feels that way. But today I feel as though I have not done enough. I love my little brother so much, I have to find more time for him.
I am so thankful for the Gospel. I am thankful to know, heaven forbid, that if the worst were to happen, he is still sealed to our family. We will see him again. I am sooo thankful for his ward. They are so great. They are taking care of them. They are receiving so many blessings. His wife is amazing. She is a rock. While I know it is not easy on her, she is doing a great job. My brother is also a new dad. They have a sweet little boy that is about 2 months old. And boy does he love his daddy. On her blog she says he will be fussy and cranky, and Derek is is bed unable to really help, so she will put little Camden in bed with Derek(my brother) and he will snuggle up and rest. He was sent now the help Derek. He is such a blessing to them. He keeps Derek smiling.
So as I read their blog, crying the whole time, it made me so thankful for all that I have been given. I am thankful the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am thankful for the Lord and his love for me and my family. I am so thankful for the love and support of all those that are helping my brother. I love my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. I am thankful that he died for me that I can repent of my sins and live with him again. I know without a doubt that I belong to the only true church. And I am thankful for it. Most of all I am thankful fro Scott and my girls. I love them so much. They keep me smiling. I pray that I can be a better mother and wife for them. Scott is the best husband. He is wonderful. And the girls are awesome. Their BIG personalities keep our days interesting. I am thankful for my family. Is is big, but I wouldn't change it. I am also thankful for good friends. There are not a lot, you know who you are. I love you!
Thank you for reading, I have never written anything like this. But were else would I do it.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Thanks for sharing that Rochelle.:) I think it is always good to take a moment to see how really blessed we are. We have a ton to keep us smiling for sure.:)
PS we miss you guys!

Alli grins said...

Wow! What a unique challenge for your brother and his wife to begin their marriage while dealing with cancer. I hope they will be blessed and that your brother will get through this. I loved reading this post! You are so strong and are such a fun, creative, dedicated Mom and friend. I really miss you and your family!