Okay so it was a while ago but we did go to Spain. It was a lot of fun. We went to Granada, which was were the Arabian Sultan lived, and the palace it still in tact. It is beautiful. We saw, from the widows of the palace, caves in the mountain where the Gypsies live. It is crazy that they still live there. Some look like cave and others look like homes but are still caves inside. It is neat. Then after we went top a lunch, it was the BEST meal of the whole trip. We also took a boat over the Tangier, Morocco, in AFRICA!! Really cool. WE went through the city, and small streets. It was such a different culture. This is where the chase scene in Borne Ultimatum was filmed. When he is jumping from roof top to roof top. They are so close together that it is totally possible. We also went to two villages called the White Villages. They are these white homes squished together, and all white, on these mountains inside old Forts. It is so cool, to see these people living in these places. To see where they had soldiers on look out watching the ocean. We planned to go to Gibraltar, but last minute went to Old town Marbella, and to the beach and shops. We were able to find a little restaurant that served hamburgers, thank goodness, food that tasted good.(Scott bought me to pretty necklaces.) When we got back we talked to a few people who had gone to Gibraltar, and I was really glad we didn't go. We were told that once you were of the bus MONKEYS!! start jumping on you. I am not a fan of animals jumping on me. I have decided I have that fear of wild animals. I am so glad we didn't go. I would have stayed on the bus. Scott wished we would have gone though. We had a dinner at this really neat place. They had a horse show and Flamenco dancers. Dinner was not so good. I decided to try the Paella, big mistake. After a bit or two, I found a little octopus in the rice, needless to say I didn't eat anymore of that. I also tried caviar, yuck. There were yummy chocolates though. We are thankful for the chance we had to go, and thankful to my sister Doeshann for watching our kids.
So you could probably tell I didn't like the food. For the most part not so much. I like American stuff.
Look to the side for the slide show.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Spain!
Posted by Foote Family at 10:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment