Well two weekends ago was our ward camp out. We love to camp. The kids were excited, and we were packed and ready to go. We even got the kids out of school early, and were going to stay over until Sunday. BUT that all change half way to Payson. Scott noticed that the car was not shifting. It would not go past third gear. We pulled off the road and let it cool down. After a few minutes we got going again. Same thing happened, and the check engine light turned on. So we pulled off again. Scott called his dad, and he said he would come help. The only thing though is that we had to wait 2 hours for him to get there. (the picture is the kids, and Scott waiting in the car). (I wonder how many people from the ward passed but didn't see that it was us.) When Scott's dad got there we put some transmission fluid in the car, hopeful, but the car still did not work. So we attached the trailer to his car and left our car, near some nice peoples home that said we could leave it on their property until the next day. Oh yeah we had towing service with our car insurance, we thought. It turns out they will cover $50 whole dollars. What a joke. So we decided to do it ourselves. So Scott went and got it the next day. We had to pay for some costly repairs, and towing stuff that we had to rent. Yuck. Not quite the weekend we were hoping for. At least we are safe, and we are thankful to Scott's Dad for coming and saving us.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Bummer... next time you should come camp with us and we will tow you there if you need it!! See you guys at the wedding!!
Rochelle-
Fun to find your blog. Sorry about the car situation. I remember breaking down on a family trip when I was a kid. Not fun!
You have been tagged! Check out my blog for instructions.
Regarding your post, I am certain we passed you on the road and am so sorry we did not notice you. We'll be sure to exchange cell phone numbers next time around!
Now go and be tagged:)
Carla
Man Rochelle, that SUCKS. I can't believe I didn't hear about this! Did you figure out what it was?
gotta love those adventures! I love the cute blog header of your kids!
You know, you are supposed to update your blog every few weeks, not few months....
Post a Comment