I think for most of us we try to listen to as much as we can. I know with 3 kids under the age of 9 I did not catch all of it. Not even close. The whole weekend was me shushing everyone, "be reverent" look it's the Prophet", and yes, I had to tell Scott to stop teasing the kids. What can you do? Thank goodness for DVR and the Ensign.
So Sunday afternoon, the last session just ended, I am wondering what, if anything, did my kids get out of this. I think they learned how to say Uchtdorf right. That is when Taylor, 9 years old, says she wrote a poem about conference. So I had her read it to me. It was so great. It is not some literary splendor. But it made me cry. So I wanted to share it. Here it is.
Today
By Taylor F.
Today was General Conference
Today was fun
Today was cool
Today I feel the Lord
Today I feel the Spirit
Today I heard Thomas S. Monson talk on t.v.
Today was perfect
Today was awesome
Today I saw my family
Today was great
Today is a day I will never for get
Totally worth the craziness that is Conference weekend.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Conference
Posted by Foote Family at 7:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is so sweet! Love her!
Taylor, Have I told you in the past day or two just how much I love you? I loved your poem. Thank you so much for sharing the special feelings in your heart. Love you so much, Grandma
Post a Comment